Done we all wish to hog the limelight round the clock? We rarely wish to be projected as someone whom everyone would slowly move away from. A good perfume can have an exceptional role to play in determining your gravity and delivering that power packed first impression to new acquaintances. Although the market is filled with diverse varieties of olfactory wonders, it becomes difficult to come across one which can make you smell invigorating without burning a deep hole in your wallet. Keeping such things in mind, we have today come up with a list of five such inexpensive colognes which can make you smell delightful while still saving enough money for spending on finer things of life.
Best Smelling Cheap Cologne
1. Nautica Voyage Eau de Toilette Spray for Men
Nautica’s Voyage has evolved into the favorite option of fragrance aficionados who are running on a stringent budget. This nautical themed fragrance opens with refreshing and light top notes which exudes a citrusy aroma before fading into an air of salty cucumber. You will come across a dash of floral apple notes before hitting the mossy base which astoundingly works pretty well together. The Nautical Voyage is targeted at heroic men who never think twice before embarking on an adventurous journey. Just one splash of this Eau De Toilette is enough for teleporting you to a walk down the path of nostalgia by bringing back memories of your sailing trips in the salty summer sea.
- Aquatic perfume bringing back memories of sweet greenery.
- Ranks high in the department of longevity and projection.
- Dries down to a slightly powdery aroma.
- Well-crafted fruity and floral perfume.
- Evokes a clean smell which can make you feel like fresh out of the shower.
- Affordable and well blended perfume.
- Musk notes impart an aura of masculinity to its dry down.
- In spite of being targeted as a teen scent, it can cater to men of all age groups.
- Notes might seem a bit too synthetic.
2. Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
This explosive and extrovert composition is slightly bit pricier than the other fragrances mentioned in this list. But it is bound to justify its price from the very first spray especially if you are dressing for a special occasion. You can think of this masculine perfume to be something which would be worn by the rugged action heroes of fight movies. In spite of basking in record popularity amongst women with their separate offering, the Spicebomb for men does a decent job of marking its own territory apart. The bottle was designed by Fabien Baron for looking like a handmade grenade which seamlessly flaunts the designers’ logo. The perfume offers a vibrant mix of pink pepper, grapefruit, cinnamon along with manly notes of leather, saffron, vetiver and tobacco. Its spicy notes lures in the attention of others whereas the lighter aromas offer an aura of comfort to your peers.
- Has a natural finish and firm hold.
- Spices are blended to perfection with sensual undertones.
- Creates two completely different accords of fiery and icy.
- In spite of having sweet notes, the dry down creates an utterly masculine allure.
- Deep, complex and dry fragrance which can take you back to the 90s.
- Punchy yet inviting perfume.
- Exemplary unisex fragrance which can be shared with your wife.
- Ideal for being worn during winter months.
- Does not last very long.
3. Versace Eros Eau de Toilette Spray for Men
Eros from the house of Versace is deeply inspired by Greek mythology and thus received its nomenclature from the Greek God of Love. Aurelien Guichard is the nose behind this perfume which comes off as woody, fresh and slightly oriental. The turquoise glass vial which houses the perfume comes embossed with the head of Medusa on its top. Apart from its initial hard hitting notes, this crowd pleaser perfume stands apart from its contemporaries with its overall sex-factor. Its top notes of green apple, mint oil and Italian lemon is imparted adequate warmth and fougere twist by tonka mixed with geranium flowers and Venezuelan ambroxan. The overall experience comes off as pretty masculine and can definitely mesmerise the opposite sex in no time.
- Crafted using high quality material.
- Establishes the perfect harmony between sweet and salty sea water notes along with a soft caress of sunny warmth.
- Versace Eros is a perfume meant for the passionate and strong man who is confident about his actions.
- Stays on for hours thus keeping you buffered from frequent application.
- Smells adequately masculine and strong without coming off as too overpowering.
- Tonka bean and vanilla blends in smoothly and gets adequately toned down by apple and mint notes.
- Stays for pretty long if you spray it on denims.
- Does not suit teenage boys.
4. Azzaro Wanted Eau de Toilette Spray
The Azzaro Wanted fragrance is tailor made for the highly successful man who stops at nothing. This versatile perfume embodies the charisma of its founder Loris Azzaroand celebrates the various facades of life such as liberty, generosity, hedonism and strength. The first thing which is bound to befuddle you about this perfume is its unique appearance. Just like its name implies, you are bound to become the most wanted and desired for men amongst the opposite gender right from the moment you spray it on yourself. Fabrice Pellegrin was the nose behind this perfume which was launched in 2016. It starts off with the alluring hints of ginger, lemon, mint and lavender in the top notes which slowly masks you with juniper, geranium, apple and Guatemalan cardamom heart notes. This woody spicy fragrance finally boils down to tonka bean, Haitian vetiver and amberwood.
- Natural fragrance of mint, sweet apple and citrus gets rounded off in woody base notes.
- Its natural aroma makes the perfume ideal for being worn on every possible occasion.
- Does not come off as too over powering and rather blends in with your external environment.
- Never fails to arise the desire of women and envy of other men.
- The Azzaro bottle flaunts its raw masculinity with pride.
- Extremely attractive fragrance bottle whose shiny metal cap recalls the solar power of the perfume.
- Blends in both fresh spicy aromas with hot woody notes.
- Perfume presentation imitates a pistol bullet magazine.
- Fades away very quickly.
5. Gucci Guilty Eau Pour Homme for Men Eau De Toilette Spray
This reasonably priced woody aromatic fragrance for men was launched in 2015. Its crisp and clean aroma radiates a hint of bergamot and lemon top notes which closely settles for the middle notes of orange blossom, orris and snowberry. Musk and patchouli adds an aura of masculinity to this Eau de Toilette and keeps on lingering for pretty long. Top-notch quality is one of the most consistent attributes of the Gucci products and the Guilty Eau Pour Homme also stands true to this general consensus. You are bound to feel anything but guilty as you walk around wearing this delectable fragrance which can easily guard your back throughout the day. In spite of being a Gucci product, this perfume surely stuns with its pretty affordable price tag especially after considering its decent longevity and sillage.
- Carries the masculine musk of Gucci brigade which smells pretty expensive.
- Versatile scent which can be used both during day as well as night.
- Smells both fresh and classy at the same time.
- Can last for about 10 hours with moderate projection.
- Addition of snowberry and orris imparts a semi-sweet and unique flavour to this fragrance.
- Delivers out of the world refreshment and clarity.
- Lavender and cedar gets replaced by snowberry and orris root for a sweeter and smoother fragrance.
- Light and non-offensive fragrance makes it an absolute pleasure to wear the same.
- Has an extremely short lived opening note.
6. Davidoff Cool Water Edt Spray for Men
Davidoff Cool Water was launched in 1988 for introducing our olfactory senses to aquatic fragrances. Pierre Bourdon was the nose behind this timeless perfume which has had various reformulations till now. However, none of it could match up to the popularity of the original scent. The green notes of Cool Water can definitely qualify it as a fougere. It starts with top notes of coriander, lavender, mint and rosemary which imparts a burst of freshness to this perfume. Lavender in infamous for imparting a cheap feel to perfumes. However, this is not the case with Davidoff Cool Water as the lavender here does not feel too overbearing. The heart notes mask us with fragrances of jasmine, neroli, sandalwood and geranium while the base ensures a masculine dry down with the aroma of tobacco, amber, musk and cedarwood.
- Can be sported by men of all age groups and with equal confidence.
- Superb freshness makes it ideal for being sported as a daytime fragrance.
- Has a great projection which doesn’t get lacklustre even during fall months.
- The sensual and warm blend of musk and amber can be traced at its base.
- Feels very simple yet masculine.
- Has decent longevity and projection.
- Can be sported on daytime occasions.
- Does not come off as a unique fragrance.
7. Skulls and Roses ED Hardy Colognes for Men
The first thing which is guaranteed to blow your mind about the Ed Hardy cologne is its designer packaging. The mildly inexpensive cologne which comes packed inside the skull bottle can appeal to both men and women. It starts off with a mesmeric blend of semi-spicy musk, bergamot, cardamom and lavender. Its musky base aroma lingers for quite some time evoking an aura of raw masculinity. Although this cologne seems pretty strong initially, it tends to lose out on its aromatic flair with passage of time. Skulls and Roses cannot be considered as a complex fragrance which undergoes multiple phases. Rather it follows a completely linear pattern which doesn’t stray too far from its roots.
- Florally masculine perfume which can help in creating a signature aroma wherever you go.
- Comes packed in a unique skull shaped case which can easily turn into the center of attraction of your dresser.
- Dashing and daring fragrance which carries along hints of lavender, cardamom, moss and musk.
- Tries to capture the raw spirit of Ed Hardy band with its unique bottling.
- The musky base lingers for long to exude an aura of raw masculinity.
- Fresh & sparkly scent which dries down with a mossy and musky aroma.
- Ideal for being worn during daytime.
- Extremely aquatic and easy to wear fragrance.
- Doesn’t have much longevity.
Best Smelling Cheap Cologne: Conclusion
A good cologne serves as the must have accessory in every man’s grooming arsenal. In spite of the general guidelines laid down by beauty industry, it is not always required to spend a fortune for bringing home an aromatic ally. Men usually suffer from a wrong notion that inexpensive colognes are usually crafted using low-grade ingredients. But in reality, even the most affordable colognes can boost up your confidence meter by making you smell irresistible. So, if you are a budget shopper who is also pretty choosy in terms of quality, then our list can serve you well. These under-rated colognes are slowly evolving into the dark horse of fragrance industry and it is time you start benefitting out of the same.